After pausing all the released updates and broadly testing the software updates, Microsoft has confirmed that most of the issues have been fixed, but now the company has made the Windows 10 October 2018 again available to download for all the users. Some users have encountered Windows 10 October 2018 Update problems since downloading and installing it.
Some common issues which users are facing after installing the Windows 10 October 2018 Update. They are as follows:
- Audio issues.
- It might cause the dreaded Blue screen of death.
- After installing Windows 10 October 2018 has deleted some files.
However, the problem is common enough that Microsoft has acted to fix this issue. But now there is an update that you can download directly through the Windows Update app which addresses the problem. If you are facing problem in installing the Windows 10 October 2018 Update through the Window’s ten update tool, then don’t take tension. Microsoft has included a troubleshooter who can help you in identifying any problem. This can automatically reset the Windows update app and help to kick-start the installation. Below we explain you the steps of how you can use this troubleshooter and process to fix this issue.
Steps to Fix Windows 10 October 2018 Update Installation Issues
To fix this Wi9ndows 10 October Update issue, you need to follow the process given below. But before continuing the process, we advise you that you need to follow the process in a given sequence as it will help you in avoiding errors or takes less time. Before fixing the error, we will discuss about the tool which can help you in identifying the problems and provided by Microsoft. Here we explain how you can install this tool on your computer.
- Click on the Start
- Then, click on the Cog icon located at the left of the screen to open the Settings Window.
- After that, click on the Update & Security option.
- Next, click on the Troubleshooter option.
- Now, click on the Windows Update option.
- Alternatively, click on the Run Troubleshooter option.
- Then, you need to follow the on-screen instructions.
- Lastly, click on the Apply tab, if the troubleshoot finds a solution.
For fixing this Windows 10 issue, you need to follow the given below steps:
Method-1: Free Up Disk Space
With the previous major updates for the Windows 10, now the October updates require some fixed amount of the hard drive space to successfully download and install the latest October updates of the Windows 10. While the October 2018 Windows update needs some free space on your system:
- 32-bit version needs 16 GB Space.
- And, 64-bit version requires 20 GB space.
So the first thing that you should do while Windows 10 October update fails to install on your system just checks you drive space in Windows Explorer, if in case, it is running out of space, then follow the steps:
- Type “Disk Clean-up” in the search box located on the taskbar.
- Then, choose the System disk.
- Click on the OK button.
- Next, tick mark the boxes of those files which you want to delete.
Note: These should be safe to delete, but always keep in your mind that you can’t get back them once they deleted.
- Then, click on the OK option.
- Lastly, click on the Delete files option to remove all unwanted files from the system.
- After that, click on the Clean up system files, if you want to create some more space.
- Once it is completed, now again try downloading and installing the updates on your system.
If this above-given method doesn’t work then need not to worry you can also try this solution:
- Disable your Antivirus software from your system.
- Reset the Update
From all of the given method, on should surely work and help you in fixing the issue.
Maria Thomas is a Microsoft Office expert and her been working in the technical industry since 2004. As a technical expert, Maria has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.